Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Veraison is here!!!!

Last week veraison started in ernest at Tres Pameras Vineyard- can't believe another harvest is truly right around the corner! Now is the time to get as ready as possible for the onslaught of grapes, which means time for a vacation. I am on my way to Portland as I write this-my sister is celebrating the half century mark and I want to be there. The grapes will do as they wish whether I am there or not. The pic on the right is a quick pick I took before I left of the new tasting room- which is doing well thanks to all of you out there- Thank you!

During this trip I will be cooking, eating and drinking my way up the coastline of Oregon- which is absolutely spectacular! Inland the temps are in the 100's, so I am staying as close to the coast as possible until I have to land in Portland Thursday night.

Sunday night was a panned seared rib steak, steamed artichokes, nad an incredible bottle of Topel 2005 Mendocino Cabernet- it was a match made in heaven for my first night on the road.

Last night (Monday) was freshly caught rock fish that I sauteed with fresh heirloom tomatoes, green beans, garlic, thyme, and of coarse butter. Yes, I know I should be using olive oil, but vacation, I hiking, walking the dog more, watching sunsets on the beach.......the wine was a Longboard Sauvignon Blanc- wow, was it yummy! Big tropical notes, no grassy- just the way I like Sauv Blanc.

Tonight is steamers - steamed in a Widmer pale ale and garlic, some fresh sourdough. Haven't decided the wine yet- may have to break out another Sauv Blanc..........

Well, back to the beach- before the craziness begins!
The Mustang Winemaker, Penny

No comments:

Tempranillo Twitter- follow me

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog to Twitter